A natural way to calm our kiddos? Ok!
“Calm Spirit Kids” From Dr. Aviva Romm
“This is one I originally created for kids with ADHD but it’s so relaxing that I recommend it for all kids of things from irritable feverish kids who need some sleep, to kids taking long plane flights or car rides, to anxiety in kids. It has an amazing taste that kids love and is safe. Valerian is non-addictive and promotes rest and easy sleep. Older kids shouldn’t drive if they’ve taken a dose – it can promote sleep.”
Purchase the following herbal extracts and mix together:
• 1 oz. catnip tincture
• 1 oz. lemon balm tincture
• ½ oz. valerian root tincture
• ½ oz. passionflower tincture
• 1 oz. vegetable glycerine (or omit this, use 1 oz. of Herb Pharm Lemon Balm glycerite, and the above amounts of the other tinctures)
• Age 0-1 use 5-10 drops
• Age 1-2 use 15-20 drops
• Age 3 -6 use 40-50 drops
• Age 7 -13 use 70-90 drops
Dilute in water or juice. Use up to 3 times a day.
NOTE: May give ½ dose per age range every 15 minutes for 1 hour to help promote sleep. Do not repeat this in a 4-hour time frame.