20 minute meal- Doc approved!
This pasta is so yummy and also works awesome with zucchini “pasta” noodles!
- 12 ounces spaghetti (your preference/type)
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt (we opt for sea salt!) and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed (we used frozen organic corn and warmed it with the pasta on the stovetop- it worked great!)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.
- Serve immediately.
Please choose organic ingredient whenever possible!
See the original post here! Yummmm!